Professor; Associate Dean of Diversity & Access, College of Engineering
Campus Box 352500
University of Washington
Seattle, WA 98195
Eve Riskin is Associate Dean of Diversity and Access in the College of Engineering, Professor of Electrical & Computer Engineering and Faculty Director of the ADVANCE Center for Institutional Change. With ADVANCE, she works on mentoring and leadership development programs for women faculty in STEM. She is principal investigator of the successful NSF-funded STARS program at UW. She was awarded a National Science Foundation Young Investigator Award, a Sloan Research Fellowship, the 2006 WEPAN University Change Agent award, the 2006 Hewlett-Packard Harriett B. Rigas Award, the 2007 University of Washington David B. Thorud Leadership Award, and the 2017 ECEDHA Diversity Award. She is a Fellow of the IEEE.
Awards and Honors
- Sefidgar, Y. S., Seo, W., Kuehn, K. S., Althoff, T., Browning, A., Riskin, E., Nurius, P. S., Dey, A. K., and Manko, J., Passively-sensed Behavioral Correlates of Discrimination Events in College Students," Computer-Supported Cooperative Work and Social Computing, 2019.
- Joyce Yen, Eve Riskin, Cara Margherio, Jan Spyridakis, Coleen Carrigan, and Ana Mari Cauce, Promoting gender diversity in STEM faculty through leadership development: From local and national leadership workshops to the online LEAD-it-Yourself! toolkit," Equality, Diversity and Inclusion: An International Journal, 38(3): 382-398, 2019.
- Coleen Carrigan, Jarman Hauser, Eve Riskin, Priti Mody-Pan, Jim Borgford-Parnell, Dawn Wiggin, Scott Winter, Scott Pinkham, and Sonya Cunningham, Active Agents and Fictive Kin: Learning from Pell-Eligible Engineering Students' Class Standpoint," Journal of Women and Minorities in Science and Engineering, 25(2): 149-168, 2019.
- Kevin J. Lybarger, Mari Ostendorf, Eve Riskin, Thomas H. Payne, Andrew A. White, and Meliha Yetisgen, Asynchronous Speech Recognition Affects Physician Editing of Notes," Applied Clinical Informatics, 9(4), 782-790, 2018.
- Myers, B. A., Knaphus-Soran, E., Llewellyn, D. C., Delaney, A., Cunningham, S., Cos- man, P., Ennis, T. D., Tetrick, K. C., Riskin, E. A., Callahan, J., and Pitts, K., Redshirt in Engineering: A Model for Improving Equity and Inclusion," CoNECD 2018
- Coleen Carrigan, Katie O'Leary, Eve Riskin, Joyce Yen, and Matt O'Donnell, On- ramping: following women scientists and engineers through their transition from nonacademic to faculty careers," The Journal of Technology Transfer, December 2015.