Linda Bushnell is a Research Professor in ECE at the University of Washington. She received her Ph.D. in EECS from UC Berkeley in 1994, her M.A. in Mathematics from UC Berkeley in 1989, her M.S. in EE from UConn in 1987, and her B.S. in EE from UConn in 1985. She also received her MBA from the UW Foster School of Business in 2010. Her research interests include networked control systems and cyber-physical systems. She is a Fellow of the IEEE for contributions to networked control systems. She is a Fellow of IFAC for contributions to the analysis and design of networked control systems. She is a recipient of the US Army Superior Civilian Service Award, NSF ADVANCE Fellowship, and IEEE Control Systems Society Distinguished Member Award. She has been a member of the IEEE since 1985, a member of the IEEE CSS since 1990, and a member of the IEEE Women in Engineering since 2013. She is Treasurer of the American Automatic Control Council (AACC), Member of the Technical Board for the International Federation on Automatic Control (IFAC), Associate Editor for Automatica, and Associate Editor for the Transactions on Control of Network Systems.
Awards and Honors
- IFAC Fellow, 2020
- IEEE Fellow, 2017
- Distinguished Member, IEEE Control Systems Society, 2017
- Distinguished Lecturer, IEEE Control Systems Society, 2014 - 2018
- Best Paper Award, International Symposium on Modeling and Optimization in Mobile, Ad Hoc and Wireless Networks (WiOpt, IEEE), 2012, 2014
- Recognition Award, IEEE Control Systems Society, 2007
- Chair’s Award, UW Department of EE, 2003
- ADVANCE Fellow Award, National Science Foundation, 2002
- Mentor of the Year Award, UW, Women in Science and Engineering, 2002
- US Army Superior Civilian Service Award, 2000
- Eta Kappa Nu, inducted 1985, Beta Omega Chapter: University of Connecticut
- HYDRA: A Submodular Optimization Framework for Dynamic Network Resilience in the Presence of Antagonistic Interactions and Interdependent Failures, AFoSR.
1. A. Ghosal, S. Sagong, S. Halder, K. Sahabandu, M. Conti, R. Poovendran, and L. Bushnell, “Truck Platoon Security: State-of-the-Art and Road Ahead,” Computer Networks, (accepted October 2020).
2. B. Ramasubramanian, L. Niu, A. Clark, L. Bushnell, and R. Poovendran, “Secure Control in Partially Observable Environments to Satisfy LTL Specifications,” IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control (Dec. 2021).
3. S. Moothedath, D. Sahabandu, J. Allen, A. Clark, L. Bushnell, W. Lee, and R. Poovendran, “A Game Theoretic Approach for Dynamic Information Flow Tracking to Detect Multi-Stage Advanced Persistent Threats,” IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, pp. 1-16. DOI: 10.1109/TAC.2020.2976040